We moved into our new house at the beginning of May and I’ve just now started to start out my crafting/planning space. I’ve got so many bits and pieces that I don’t know where to begin. Do I really need a box full of washi tape, a gift wrapping station, every imaginable knitting needle out there or those old jeans that have a rip in the crotch….yeah, I’m “that mum”. I hoard supplies. In my defence, I can use denim from my crotchless jeans…for something. No idea for what YET! But one day I will need denim and I will have it.
Are you a crafty mamma? Do you hoard supplies, ready with your glue gun to whip up an impromptu craft project on a moments notice…find out here!
Also, scroll down to the bottom of the post for my yarn giveaway!
1. You have an extensive yarn/knitting needle/paper/felt collection.
You get the idea. Whatever craft you’re into you’ve got the supplies. I have large supply of yarn and knitting needles, felt, paper, buttons, popsicle sticks. I love to be prepared when my son wants to craft or when I get inspiration for a DIY project. There is a downside though, I can’t seem to find things. I need a better organising system. Ideas?
2. You own or dream about owning a Silhouette Cameo/ Cricut/Sizzix Big Shot machine.
I’m currently saving up for a Silhouette Cameo 3. Think of all the jar labels I could cut with it…no kidding. I’m eager to start some new projects with it. TIP! If you’re like me, saving for a Silhouette, you can actually download the Silhouette Studio free and practise your designs 😉
3. Your idea of a day out is browsing at a craft store.
Oh how I love to check out new craft supplies. I don’t even have to by anything, the 10 minutes on my own is bliss on it’s own.
4. You have Pinterest boards dedicated to those awesome DIY projects you’re DEFINITELY…maybe…going to make when you get some spare time.
I pin left and right and I honestly wish I had the time to make everything but in all honesty I’d rather sleep.
5. You get excited when your kids nursery or school asks you to participate in some sort of a charity event.
YESS! You have a legitimate reason for crafting and neglecting your housework. Last year I knitted 150 mini Christmas puddings to raise money for my son’s nursery. Not a difficult project but by the end of it I didn’t want to see another Christmas pudding…EVER! I do enjoy crafting for charities though, just have to learn to pace myself with these projects.
6. You tackle a project that’s supposed to be cheap but end up paying more for the supplies than it would have cost you to buy the original.
Guilty as charged, many times over. It’s just that there’s something very satisfying making something with your own hands. I do wish craft supplies were slightly cheaper though. I remember when I was making a quit book for my son and I signed u for fabric samples and things and the postman said that I got more mail in a week than the whole street combined…cringe.
7. You’re able to throw together an emergency birthday or Christmas present in a pinch.
I’m horrible with birthdays and I usually end up baking a cake or knitting something.
8. You get inspiration from anywhere really.
You walk around an ideas just pop into your mind.
9. You’re always eager to try new crafts and your go-to resource is YouTube.
I remember being a small child and I really wanted to learn how to make different crochet stitches so I borrowed a book from the library and I taught myself. Now I can read crochet charts like no other. These days I forgo the library and simply look it up on YouTube. There are instructions for anything and everything there and it’s simple to follow someone’s videos.
10. You’ve got restless fingers.
I cannot just sit still.I have to be doing something. Whether I’m knitting something or planning in my planner, when I’m being creative it actually relaxes me.
There you have it! I’m a crafty person and a crafty mum and I love it. And in the spirit of all things crafts I have a small giveaway.
Before you leave check out my April 2017 Prize Unboxing post and sign up for the Newsletter!